FROM THE DIOCESE OF GARY’S OFFICE OF WORSHIP
Recommendations Regarding Public Safety and Liturgical Practices
1. If you have a weak immune system or are compromised by age or potential illness, you should refrain from attending Mass.
2. If you cannot participate in the Sunday Eucharist, you are dispensed from the obligation to attend and do not incur a mortal sin.
3. At home you are encouraged to pray and reflect with the Sunday readings and if possible to view the Mass on television. Mass from Mercy Home in Chicago is broadcast at 9:30 a.m. (CST), on WGN each Sunday
4. For the well-being of all, we ask parishioners to avoid physical contact (during the Our Father, greetings, sign of peace).
5. We are temporarily suspending the offering of the Precious Blood during Eucharist.