What A Day!

Today was a very busy and very productive day.  I had the 6:30 a.m. Mass and, after the Mass, went with Deacon Joe to breakfast.

When I got back from breakfast, I dug into a little bit of office work while I waited for an appointment to come in.  Around 9:30 a.m., we interviewed someone for a receptionist/administrative assistant position.  She was very impressive and I think she will work really well with our staff and with the people who call or come to the parish.  We hired her this morning.

At 11:00 a.m., Fr. Declan and our school president and school principal went to an early lunch meeting.  We meet every week to discuss the goings on around the school.  We generally go later in the morning but we needed to be back around 12:30 p.m. in order to meet the police.

The police?! you say?  Yes, the police.  At 1:00 p.m., we had a lock down drill at our school.  It’s a sad state of affairs when schools have to be prepared for emergencies that necessitate the facility being totally locked down.  The students and staff did well and we were commended for our readiness and our procedures.

After the lock down, I hunkered down at my desk and really got productive.  You may remember my bit of bragging several days ago about finishing writing the daily reflections for Advent and Christmas and getting them to a staff member to be formatted for printing?  Well, today, I took all of those reflections and did three things.  First, I posted them on the daily reflection Facebook page and scheduled them to show throughout the season.  Second, I posted them on the daily reflection web site and scheduled them to publish on their appropriate days.  Third, I put them into my email client (I still use Eudora – I love it!) so that the reflections will auto-send on their scheduled days for the people who like to receive them by email.

What the heck am I talking about, you say?  Well, I write short Daily Reflections.  If you’re interested in checking them out, you can go to http://dailyreflection.org.  You can also find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DailyReflection.org

Anyway, after entering the reflections individually in three different places, my eyes were crossed and my fingers were numb.  So, at 3:45 p.m., I looked at the clock in my office, said to myself, “Hey, isn’t this my day off?!”, and went to the house where I fell into my recliner and turned into a vegetable. 🙂

So now, after writing this, I’m going to veg a little while longer and then hit the sack for the night.

See ya on the flip side.

Care to comment?